Your COMPLETE 4th of July Planning Guide!
Celebrate this 4th of July with family, friends, delicious food, sweet treats, festive decor, and spectacular fireworks! Don’t have time to search the web for ideas? Don’t worry—we’ve done the work for you.
Check out our complete guide for your 4th of July holiday celebration:
Festive Decor Ideas
From home and yard decor to festive table design and patriotic duds, we’ve got you covered:
- Home Decor – You’ll be the talk of the town with these do it yourself 4th of July celebration decor ideas.
- Patriotic Fashion for the Kiddos – These ideas from www.tinyoranges.com are too cute!
- Frugal 4th of July – Check out these fun and frugal 4th of July ideas from www.savingbydesign.com.
- Last Minute Ideas – Here are 31 last-minute 4th of July celebration ideas from www.buzzfeed.com.
- Printables – Here are some FREE patriotic and festive party printables from www.yellowblissroad.com.
From grilled classics to simple funnel cakes, these recipes are sure to please any hungry crowd:
- Mustard Glazed Mushroom Burgers – Tangy Dijon mustard, melted swiss cheese, garlic, and mushrooms combine to make one tasty burger. Recipe from www.foodnetwork.com.
- Hot Dog Bar – Here are some great ideas for a festive 4th of July hot dog bar with free themed printables from www.pocketchangegourmet.com.
- Buffalo Puppies – Mini hot dogs, blue cheese, cream cheese and blue corn chips make this little hot dog sliders impossible to resist. Recipe from www.foodnetwork.com.
- Herb Potato Salad – This delicious take on potato salad is yummy for your tummy. Recipe from www.realsimple.com.
- Funnel Cakes with Strawberry Sauce – These delicious treats are super simple to make and are sure to be a crowd favorite! Recipe from www.foodnetwork.com.
- More – Check out more dessert and dinner recipes on Pinterest.
Activities for the Kids
The kids will stay busy and entertained all day with these great activity ideas:
- Crafts – Have little ones create the decorations for the party, place settings for the guests, or party hats! Check out this great list of Independence day craft ideas for kids.
- Firework Fun – Have everyone guess and write down how many red, blue, or white fireworks they think will go off during the show. Keep track during the show and whoever guessed the closest will win a prize!
- Have a Parade – Have the kids use any materials they can find (construction paper, streamers, markers) and decorate their bikes. Then, have them parade down the street and show off their bike!
- Patriotic Party Games – Have a watermelon eating contest, a water-balloon fight, capture the flag, or try some of these great game ideas.
- More – Check out more 4th of July craft ideas on Pinterest.
Where To Go for Fireworks
Close out your Independence Day celebrations with a fabulous fireworks show. Create your own or enjoy one of these near you:
- The Stratosphere Casino – The hotel will be launching fireworks from their property at 9pm.
- Mandalay Bay – The sky above Mandalay Bay Beach will light up with fireworks beginning at 9pm.
- Stations Casinos – The Stations Casinos properties will shoot off fireworks displays from their Green Valley Ranch Resort in Henderson and their Red Rock Resort in the northwest at 9pm.
- Boulder City – For a more small-town 4th of July experience, try Boulder City’s Damboree celebration. There’s a pancake breakfast, games, a parade, and of course, a large fireworks display at 9pm.
- Henderson – The City of Henderson 4th of July celebration will include live music, games, activities and a fireworks show at 9pm.
- LV 51’s Baseball – Celebrate the 4th of July with the Las Vegas 51’s. The pre-game family fun fest will begin at 3pm inside Cashman Convention Hall. Fireworks will follow the game.
- Star Spangled Sparks – The region’s most spectacular fireworks display is set off from the roof of the Nugget while thousands celebrate in Victorian Square below. Live entertainment for the whole family, a kid’s area and lots of food complete the evening.
- 4th of July at Aces Ballpark – A big 4th of July fireworks show will light the skies over Aces Ballpark following the night’s game against the Sacramento River Cats. This is also a night when all children 12 and under can get on the field and run the bases after the game.
- Lights on the Lake at South Lake Tahoe – One of the top five fireworks displays in the nation, 4th of July holiday visitors will see fireworks bursts of unusual and whimsical shapes such as jellyfish, stars, butterflies, and smiley faces. The best viewing spots for the 9:45pm show around South Lake Tahoe beaches include Lakeview Commons/El Dorado Beach area, Nevada Beach, Tallac Historic Site, Timber Cove Marina, Edgewood Tahoe, and on the lake aboard M.S. Dixie II and Tahoe Queen paddlewheelers or private boat rentals.
- Red, White and Tahoe Blue at Incline Village – This event includes a weekend full of activities including the Day on the Village Green music festival and fireworks on July 4th with a soundtrack performed live by the Reno Philharmonic Orchestra.
- July 4th Fireworks in Tahoe City – The Bell Bottom Beach Bash at Commons Beach will be a day of activities including live music, food and merchandise vendors, raffle drawings, and a big fireworks show in the evening.
Follow us on Pinterest for family fun ideas throughout the seasons:
Now go make some memories!
These apps literally put better health at your fingertips.
Here are our Dietitians’ favorite Health and Fitness Apps:
My favorite app is “MyFitnessPal” because it makes keeping a food diary easy.
- A huge database with over 1,000,000 items.
- You can use the camera on your smart phone to scan barcodes on the foods you eat to instantly pull them up in the database.
- It’s also easy to log recipes and save entire meals for faster logging day after day.
- You have the ability to connect with friends and encourage them through the app.
- FREE app for phone or tablet.
I love “Chemical Cuisine” because it tells you what chemicals are in your food.
- Has a 120 additives in the database.
- Can be used during grocery shopping when reviewing food labels.
- Gives each additive a red, yellow or green label and describes in detail adverse affects of the additive.
⇒ Download Chemical Cuisine
My new favorite health app is “Daily Yoga” which includes various yoga workouts.
- A video plays to show all the movements during the workout and the exercises are explained in detail.
- It is not just single poses but rather short yoga “classes” that take you through a series of movements to get a full workout.
- There is a FREE version that has several workouts included and a pro version that has even more.
⇒ Download Daily Yoga
“Argus” is great for tracking my activity without the expense of a Fitbit or Polar Monitor.
- Monitors steps taken, heart rate, calories burned, sleep patterns and more.
- Uses charts and graphs to track trends over time.
- Has a fitness/health community forum for motivation.
- Can also use this app to track calories eaten.
⇒ Download Argus
These cool Apps will make sticking to a heart healthy lifestyle easier!
Children’s Heart Foundation
Show Your Heart 5k Run & 1.7 Mile Fun Walk
Children’s Heart Foundation’s new community event will bring runners and Heart Heroes from across the Vegas Valley together to raise awareness for congenital heart conditions. So lace up and show your heart!
Mark Your Calendar!
Children’s Heart Center and Children’s Heart Foundation have a lot going on from month to month. Here’s a run down of what’s happening in July.
Come back every month for a new Newsletter from Children’s Heart Center Nevada.