We want to provide you with easy access to a number of informational resources.
- Children’s Heart Foundation of Nevada – Committed to making a difference in the lives of heart families through emotional, educational and financial support to inspire a higher quality of life for all.
- P.A.C.E. Nevada – Designed for young adults ages 16-29 looking to be part of a support network for other young adults, become self-sufficient and care for themselves and build leadership and communication skills to help them make positive life choices.
- Down Syndrome Organization of Southern Nevada – Their mission is to enlighten the public by promoting a positive understanding of Down syndrome in the community and be a source of support, information, and education.
- Make-A-Wish of Southern Nevada – Grants the wishes of children diagnosed with life-threatening medical conditions. They believe that a wish experience can be a game-changer.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Las Vegas – The Ronald McDonald House is the cornerstone program of RMHC, and provides temporary housing for families who travel to Las Vegas to receive critical medical treatment for their children.
Parent Support Groups:
- Little Hearts, Inc – Provides support, education, resources, networking and hope to families affected by congenital heart defects.
- POTS – Parent support group for families of children with POTS. If you would like additional information, please contact Debbie Neubecker at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Support Group:
- ACHA: Adult Congenital Heart Association – A place for registered ACHA members to discuss issues with other members of the ACHA community and provide and receive support.
- American Heart Association – Aims to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
- American Lung Association – Works to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through education, advocacy and research.
- CHARGE Syndrome Foundation – Provides support to individuals with CHARGE syndrome and their families.
- Children’s Cardiomyopathy Foundation – Dedicated to accelerating the search for cures while improving diagnosis, treatment and quality of life for children affected by cardiomyopathy.
- Children’s Heart Foundation – Funds the most promising research to advance the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of congenital heart defects.
- National Association for Down Syndrome – Our mission is to ensure that all persons with Down syndrome have the opportunity to achieve their potential in all aspects of community life.
Organ Donation Resources:
- American Organ Transplant Association – Helps patients lead happy, productive lives by helping them to obtain and sustain transplantation.
- American Society for Transplantation – Dedicated to improving human life by advancing the field of transplantation.
- Children’s Organ Transplant Association – Helps children and young adults who need a life-saving transplant by providing fundraising assistance and family support.
- Donate Life America – Committed to increasing organ, eye and tissue donation.
- National Foundation for Transplants – Offers fundraising assistance for organ and tissue transplant patients across the country.
- Transplant Recipients International Organization, Inc. – Committed to improving the quality of life of transplant candidates, recipients, their families and the families of organ and tissue donors.
- The United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) – Manages the nation’s organ transplant system under contract with the federal government.
Financial and Social Resources:
- The Children’s Free Clinic of Southern Nevada – Offering free immunizations and medical services for all children ages 0 to 18.
- Children’s Heart Center Nevada – Providing the very best care to children with heart disease. They see all children in need of our services. And on the same day, if necessary.
- Family Medical and Leave ACT (FMLA) – The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons.
- HELP of Southern Nevada – They assist families and individuals throughout Southern Nevada to overcome barriers and attain self-sufficiency through direct services, training and referral to community resources.
- Modivcare – Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NET) for those covered by State of Nevada Medicaid.
- MedicAlert Foundation – Conveys your child’s medical history in a fast and reliable manner.
- Nevada Early Intervention – If you are concerned about your child’s development, the first step is to have your child referred for evaluation and assessment.
- Nevada Health Link – Nevada Health Link was created by the State of Nevada to help individuals and small businesses easily shop for, compare and buy health insurance.
- Nevada Health Centers – They believe that all people, regardless of where they live or their ability to pay, have the right to access affordable, quality medical and dental care.’
- Nevada Medicaid – Assists in providing quality medical care for eligible individuals and families with low incomes and limited resources.
- Nevada Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) – Supplemental Nutrition Program provides supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk.
- State of Nevada Energy Assistance Program – Provides both direct financial and weatherization assistance to low-income households who meet their income guidelines.
- UNLV Dental Clinics – The UNLV School of Dental Medicine is committed to increasing access to quality oral health care for all Nevadans.
- Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute – Condition Index – Provides science-based, easy-to-understand information related to heart, lung and blood diseases and conditions, and sleep disorders.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services/OrganDonor.gov – U.S. government-provided information on organ and tissue donation and transplantation.
- Centennial Hills Hospital
- Desert Springs Hospital
- MountainView Hospital
- North Vista Hospital
- Saint Mary’s (Reno)
- Southern Hills Hospital
- Spring Valley Hospital
- St. Rose Dominican Hospital
- St. Rose San Martin Campus
- St. Rose Sienna Campus
- Summerlin Hospital
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
- Sunrise Chidren’s Hospital
- University Medical Center
- Valley Hospital