Target Audience: Pediatric Hospitalists, Intensivists, and Cardiologists
- Understand the role of a geneticist
- Understand when to refer a patient to genetics
- Learn about the most common types of genetic testing and when to order them
- Learn how to “read and explain” a genetic test result to a patient (without necessarily interpreting the result)
- Discuss inborn errors of metabolism and newborn screening
- Learn about new trends in genetics including direct to consumer testing and CRISPR/CAS9 (gene editing)
CME Accreditation and Designation: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through Children’s Heart Center Nevada. The Children’s Heart Center Nevada is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Children’s Heart Center – Nevada designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the educational activity.
None of the planners, faculty, nor speaker have any relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Genetics Concepts for Pediatric Hospitalists, Intensivists and Cardiologists
Susanna Sorrentino, MD, FACMG, FAAP
Register for this course below! Once you register you will be sent a link to take this course for FREE!