Mental Health During this Pandemic
COVID-19 Concerns Introduction: What do we do when we fear the future?
How to Make Your Child’s Life Seem as Normal as Possible During this Crisis
What to do with the feeling of uncertainty in the job field
How to Deal with Feeling out of Control During this Pandemic
How to Deal with the Fear of Getting COVID-19
How to Explain the Pandemic to Kids Without Sounding Panicked
Many families find themselves having to leave children at home alone for the first time due to at-home distance learning. This can make parents and kids very nervous. We have a few suggestions to help you during this transition:
- Practice. Leave your child to go to the grocery store (1 hour to begin with) and work up from there.
- Set clear rules and expectations for when you are not there.
- Go over different scenarios with your child to discuss how to handle different situations that may come up.
- Involve other close family and friends. Your child should be able to call other people if you are unable to answer your phone.
- Leave a list of phone numbers, rules, and expectations for your child so they have it as a reference. We have created one you can print/use!